Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Change For The Better--Day 1

Day one:

This may be called day one but it really is day two going back to talk about my day one. That makes sense, right? J Well, you know what I mean.

So far it’s easy going. I don’t want to go too fast or hard, not that I am lazy, but I need to move slow to adjust to a new routine. Let’s not just up and change your life overnight. No. That ain’t happening. I still want to text my friends and family, call people, play games, be on social medias, read, WRITE, and manage the home. . . Okay, most of these things probably could be managed a bit better and shortened time wise and honestly, by the sounds of my life, it does feel like I could use more movement. So this is what I decided. YOGA!

No, laughing. I’m serious. Yoga.  I know some people might say start with adjusting your diet but I can’t do it. I don’t even eat like a regular person so managing my meals is too daunting of a task. I don’t feel in control of it. So I figure the easiest thing I can do is add an hour of Yoga into my mourning routine.

The great thing about Yoga, that I have heard and read, is that it helps to reduce stress, helps with sleep, regulates breathing, helps you to become healthier, and I also read it was good for your sex life. No joke. So if you’re in a slump sexually and are overall stressed, this should do the trick. Wink. Wink.

So now my schedule looks like this: wake up before eight, have coffee and a small snack and then by nine I am ready to do yoga. Granted, I look kind of funny doing yoga and trying not to fall over, but oddly enough it is soothingly and kind of energizing.


I will let you know more about how I am doing in Yoga next time.

-Brenda Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment