Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Change for the better

A Change for the better, I think I will turn that into a Hashtag. That's the new thing now, right? Everything's a Hashtag. #ACFTB . . . I don't know how I feel about that... I"ll come up with somethings. Maybe I need to change the title. What do y'all think?

Anyway, I have gone years with back pain. And I don't mean I pulled a muscle or it’s a little uncomfortable pain now and again. What I mean is that there is constant tension on my lower Lumbar support which makes certain tasks, such as bending, turning, sometimes even walking, difficult. Not just difficult, downright painful.

My doctor gave me an anti-inflammatory med to assist me in functioning, but it isn't a cure. I also take pain killers when it's flared to the point of pinching a nerve causing a whole new set of issues, the worst being a restraint on my breathing. It's scary!

Now, some people have asked me “Have you thought about surgery?”

Yes I have thought about it, but no I won't do it. I don't think I am at a point where surgery is my only option. I think I am still capable of changing my life, but not entirely on my own. It will take struggles, time, and yes, pain pills on occasion, but I think I can do it. I don't want to risk my future with an unnecessary surgery or owe lots of money to the hospital for the next several years.

I need to change my life. And I don't mean I am gonna move across the world, become a priestess, become a vegetarian tonight!, or decide that rituals are the way to go. If that's your path, cool. But I plan to take it a bit slower and change my day to day routines.

I can manage not only my health, my money, and my time, but my LIFE for the better. Each Week I will post about my struggles, my failures, my successes, and my overall day to day happenings about how I am trying to change my life while giving suggestions I have discovered along the way. I am not a professional, so I can’t promise that what I do will work for you, nor, do I promise I will be doing this a year from now, but maybe with this blog, and the support from you and my family, it will push me into continuing this. Everyone needs a cheering squad.

So here we go. A brand knew start to a brand new way of life. :) I can do this!

-Brenda Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment