Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Skyrim


It's called Skyrim and it's a game for the PS3, the XBOX 360, and the PC.

Who wouldn't like a world where you can roam the lands hours on end as a hunter/gatherer, choose who to kill and what flesh to eat upon, if you are the subject of good or evil, an imperial or Stormcloack, use magic, blades or bows, and still haven’t even begun to play the main story line?


Me. That is my kind of game. I spend hours of my life mastering as many arts as the game will allow me, becoming the top of every guild I can find, and doing all the quests the game can throw at me, but the one thing I haven’t even begun to work on is the story line.

You start out, like any good Elder Scroll game, with being locked away and heading to your execution. Now it looks pretty grim as you are being pulled out of the wagon next to Ulfric Stormcloack, the man who used his voice to destroy the King. So at this point you know it’s not looking good for your future. You spend the next several minutes picking what race you are, what you look like, and your name. Next thing you know it’s your turn to get your head removed.

Oh the joy in walking up to the executioner and putting your head down waiting for the blade to come down and the game to be over, but you only started playing. After a few minutes of a Dragon with oh so perfect timing you can make a mad dash for it.

Along the way you can choose between following the imperial who was going to kill you or the a stormcloak man who had been pervious talking to. No matter who you follow you end up in the same sarting city later listening to two different stories about what is happening.

you can follow behind the stormclocks and what they are trying to represent or follow the imperials and what they are trying to do, either way have fun. I always play an imperial.

Now, when I say I play an imperial I mean each of my three characters are imperials. My leading lady is a Khajit, it’s a cat person basically. You can also be a Nord, Red cliff, high elf, Wood elf, and others. Take your pick; each race has a different ability than the others, like my girl can see in the dark. It’s a handy trick when traveling through dark mines and dungeons.

Now there are guilds you can join and get a kick out of playing their main quest lines, such as, the Thieves Guild (it’s more about stealing then killing), the Dark Brotherhood (which is all about killing), the Mages Guild, and my favorite, The Companions.

Now with each Guilds comes their secrets and as much as I would love to reveal all I won’t.
The game itself is quite beautiful and large. Some people might not like how vaste it is and that’s okay. There are always people that aren’t going to be interested to put the long hours of work into doing just one quest and I understand.

There’s not a set path you have to take and I still haven’t done the main storyline because I just want to do EVERYTHING, but if you play it and love it, good for you and even if you don’t, there are other games out there.

All I’m saying is that I love this overly addicted game more than most things. It finishes a close thrid behind my husband and writing.

-Brenda Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment