Monday, April 30, 2012

Six cats

From eldest to youngest I have:

Aki is four years old and she is such a diva. She knows just who in my family to love up to to get her way. the thing I love most about this cat, besides the fact that I got her as a kitten from my husband, is that she sleeps in the most crafty of places. She opens up the bathroom cabinet to crawl on top of all the towels for a nap in piece, and when she isn't trying to find a cabinet to open you can find her hiding in the grass looking for birds or climbing the side of the porch for a humming bird. when I catch her doing this I try and stop her, but she's good. My little Diva.

Goldee is my next oldest and he is my Fat Baby. He is the grandson son cat to Demoniac Chaos, my friends cat. She was a pure black cat with a couple of white hairs on her chest. She mated with a male, bob tail, Calico cat, which is rare.  There is a higher percentage of a female calico and thus was Goldee's mother who gave birth to this pretty orange cat with no tail. He is very sweet and he knows when I'm around he can curl up on me for a long nap. He is such a softy.



Pei is the lone wolf of the pack. He is the spitting image of his grandmother Demoniac Chaos, and his mother was a gray cat who ran away after giving birth to him. Somehow he pulled through thanks to Aki's help. He spends most his time, if not all of it, outside playing with the four strays that have made our yard their home. He can be caught around the yard rough housing with all the other cats and though he lives outside he loves people. He always wants you to stop and pay attention to him. He's a cutie and has beautiful eyes.


Ashita is a black and white cat that I rescued. Out of all my cats she would be the one to sit in a corner and watch the others play. She loves people, but is a little on edge with newcomers, which my husband loves about her. Though the huge no no with her is she climbs up on the counter to sneak a piece of food. She always knows when we cook meat and she's already scheming. She plays mother to our youngest cat Icarus and whenever he is crying she hits him. It's funny and cute and it works.



Temperance was also a rescue cat. She is finally getting more weight on her. Though she is looking better she is as light as a feature. I can easily pick her up with one hand and carry her somewhere. The only funny thing about Temperance is that she hates when I hold her. She growls at me, but when my husband touches her she is pudding in his hands. She is the mother of Icarus and had him when she was only about ten months old. she was tiny, so we took both her and her son.



Icarus is almost a year old and still full of energy. He is the son of temperance and on his back is what looks like a turtle. He got his name from acting silly. He was always jumping around and falling off things and finally Shawn, my husband, decided that the perfect name for him was Icarus. just like the story of Icarus and the wax wings. The moment he said the name I knew it was a match. He has fallen off beds, chairs, the porch swing and other items, but it always lands of his feet.


My six cats-B. Franklin
Follow me on Facebook, chat with me on twitter, or enjoy my works on smashwords. thanks again for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love all 6 of your cats! But my one cat could give Goldee a run for his money for the title of "Fat Cat"...Izzie is 20 lbs.!

    ReplyDelete