Sunday, April 24, 2016

Gardening week 3

On March 30th I planted Morning Glories along with several other flowers in starters. After about a week they were all starting to pop up and I started to take them outside to get some sun. after a few more days and on April 8th (Give or take) I planted all my flowers in their own little spot in my long planter boxes alongside our porch. Because I know the morning Glories are vine flowers I also stapled wiring to the side of the porch and planted the Morning Glories closest to the porch as to allow them to climb upwards.


The only downside to the planter boxes are my cats. Apparently the little critters decided that planter boxes and littler boxes were the same thing and it has been an on and off battle to keep them away. They have decreased my flowers by a few, but there are plenty there! They started growing faster as of April 20th. It's like they are all having little growths spurts.

they aren't the only plant doing well. The Radishes, which I had planted on April 6th, are looking beautiful. At this stage what I should do is thin them out. Part of me just wants to let them keep growing and see what happens.



I just transplanted my tomatoes. They got big enough that it was time to upgrade containers. I think the transplant was good but we shall see. Apparently some plants endure a shock from the transplant and not recover... resulting in a dead plant and a sad face for any new grower. I know I'll be a little sad if I kill all my plants, but that's why I had a good dozen seeds of everything started so that it would be harder to kill everything. Something should live!


These are my little Tomatoes freshly replanted. I might transplant them one more time. For now I have to take a trip and will be gone for about ten days so this will just have to do. For now. But they are growing and I am so happy about it!

Little Secret... I don't eat Tomatoes. :D But it would be great to make something for my family with them. I think that is going to be the best thing about growing veggies being able to cook something from what was grown.

Okay, I hope everything does well since I am off for ten days, thankfully I have family gong to run over to my house to water them and feed my cat. Here's to the trip and looking forward to seeing what they look like when I come home.

--Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment