Friday, April 8, 2016

First veggies

I planted my Radishes and Tomatoes on April 6th. I am super happy about that. I personally don’t like them but it’s for my husband. My first veggies, here we go.

For the Tomatoes I used a pre-prepared package we picked up from wal-mart for a couple of dollars, so if it doesn’t work I’m blaming them. :) It’s pretty simple. You just follow the direction on the package. Pour 3/4 lukewarm water into a container and place the compacted soil mixture in the water and let absorb. Once it is absorbed loose the soil with a fork, or in my case a stick because I didn’t want to use something I would be eating with.

Then place 3/4ths of the soil into the small container they give you followed by about ten seeds and the rest of the soil on top. I placed the rest of the seeds in a ziplock for later. You can toss ‘em or do the same. Whichever you prefer.

Afterwards you are going to place in the sun and rotate a quarter turn every so often throughout the day so it gets equal sun all the way around. When sprouts start to appear you need to thin out and place in the ground or planters like me. Don’t crowd them together. Depending on the size of the area you will do only a couple a planter. I haven’t gotten that far yet, but I look forward to it.

Do not over water. Check the soil each day. When you put your finger in about a centimeter the soil should be moist, if dry add more water. Also, when you transplant you could add a little fertilizer to its new location to help it out.

Happy growing!

-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment