Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Spirit


The month of October has finally come and I have already begun to get into the Halloween spirit! My husband and I carved our first pumpkin together. I’m shocked we haven’t done this sooner. Amazingly enough we still have all of our fingers and toes. The first aid kit wasn't needed though I did have it standing by. You can never be too careful I say.

After carving a pumpkin--and yes it is so simple looking, but it's my first--I decided that the inside of a pumpkin is gross and that I can’t believe I will still eat pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. And to all those that have never had pumpkin bread you have no idea what you are missing! I demand that you go out right this instant to buy it, bake, and eat it. Whenever we get some made I’ll take a picture and write more on it.

Now Halloween isn't the only thing to prepare for there is Thanksgiving the month after and so you don’t have to spend too much money you could always get items that are fall festive or do what I do. Keep the Halloween things out as long as you can before they get booted to the side by Christmas, but having a house of fall things can even stay up till Christmas depending on what it is, your home, and the people in it. Just shop smart.

But in the end the important thing is to have fun!

Brenda Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment